It’s safe to assume that most of us are already familiar with the harmful effects of sugar and high fructose corn syrup on the body, but not many are ready to give up the epicurean pleasure that these two promise. What’s life without some sweetness, right? Can you imagine the atrocity of being sentenced to a life of bland food?
Thankfully, avoiding sugar doesn’t mean never getting to enjoy another sweet treat for the rest of your natural life. Cane sugar may be the most common sweetener we know of, but it’s definitely not the only one. There are several natural and artificial alternatives available to us, so it’s just a matter of finding the best one.
The best sugar substitute should taste good, be healthful, and cause no harmful side effects. Based on these criteria, the clear winner is coco sugar.
As the name implies, coconut sugar is derived from the coconut palm. It is essentially coco-nectar – the sheer goodness extracted from the flowers of a coconut tree. You boil the sap, dehydrate it, and voilà–healthy sugar!
Known organic coconut sugar benefits are making the product a hot commodity in the global health food industry. What advantages does this product have over other allegedly healthy alternatives?
To begin with, coconut sugar is wholesome and healthy. Do you want to live a healthier and longer life by eradicating cane sugar from it? You can achieve this without depriving your sweet tooth by substituting coconut sugar. Just how healthy is this alternative?
- Coconut sugar is suitable for the entire family, even your loved ones who may be afflicted with diabetes.
- It is low glycemic and organic, perfect for preparing low GI meals.
- It is gluten-free and vegan, making it the ideal sweetener for those with certain food sensitivities or diet preferences.
- It is organic and a hundred percent natural. It is unbleached, unfiltered, and unrefined. It contains no additives, chemicals, sugar alcohols, or flavorings.
- It is recommended by doctors, nutritionists, and dietitians and is used by major hospitals as a helpful tool in the proper management of diabetes, heart disease, and obesity.
We’ve established that coconut sugar is healthful, but how practical is it as a substitute ingredient?
- It has a creamy caramel taste that makes it even better than sugar, flavor-wise. It makes a very good “secret” ingredient for cooking, baking, and marinades.
- Do you like your drinks sweet? Coconut sugar is a great sweetener for both hot and cold beverages.
- Are you worried about converting measurements when you substitute coconut sugar for cane sugar? Fret no more because conversion is 1:1. It’s definitely very easy to use and chefs love the taste.
If you want a sweetener that doesn’t make you consume empty calories, gain weight, court serious diseases and conditions, or chuck your trusted recipes out the window, then it’s definitely coconut sugar for the win.